[CQ-Contest] 160m DX window dead?

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Thu Aug 16 23:02:10 EDT 2001

K5NA wrote:

"My only concern outside of the contests is that CW DXers have an area on
160M where they can work CW DX without a SSB roundtable on the frequency.
We suffered through that situation here in Texas for many years with a
local group camped on 1823 KHz at our sunrise. But, oddly enough, this SSB
roundtable disappeared or QSYed this past winter. I sure hope they don't
come back."

        Rumor is that they got a letter from Riley (...for those who think
he cannot not enforce bandplans...)  That group was there since I first
started on 160 in 1984 and I assure you they WOULD NOT VOLUNTARILY MOVE FOR
ANYONE!  They claimed "they were there first" no matter what the bandplan
said or who complained.  Sure would be interesting to know the complete
story and I agree that I hope they never come back!

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com