[CQ-Contest] CW vs SSB in contests

Valeri Stefanov wally at el-soft.com
Sat Aug 18 10:41:44 EDT 2001

IMHO SSB operation on 160m is completely different affair from CW =
operation on 160m especially during the contests.
Some guys like CW ,others (as myself ) SSB. It was like that and it will =
be like that. I should only say that comparisson of the results on 160m =
between CW and SSB parts is definetly not correct. It is much more =
difficult to make a SSB DX QSO on top band than on CW and that's why to =
me such a QSO has much more value than CW DX QSO. I'll make a =
suggestion: those who does not like SSB are free not to participate in a =
SSB contest and those who does not like CW are also free not to take =
part in CW contest.=20
Different SSB contests occupy just couple of weekends during the =
calendar year on 160m and 160m CW DXers have the band for the rest of =
the time. So, I do not see a problem with this at all and let's everyone =
has their challange operating on the magic band.
=20
Just my 2 cents.=20
=20
73's de Wally LZ2CJ