[CQ-Contest] W4ZV's Most Disruptive Contest

Maurizio Panicara i4jmy at iol.it
Tue Aug 21 21:42:02 EDT 2001

Who has 200 Khz available should use it *cum grano salis*, eventually
issueing his national (autarchycal) band plan but following good ideas
rather than old traditions.
Contesting on low bands with SSB it's surely most productive in
intercontinental traffic if working split, but's this is hard to do if the
other continent  will have CW where SSB calls take place.
Last but not least, who has not 200 KHz to play with will obviously stay
whithin the limits he's allowed to play by the owned licence, beeing
probably Jammed by some non contester (CW or SSB patroling) during opposite
mode contests.
After all, nothing will change since such
band/owners/private-property/anti-contest/anti-mode feelings already exists
(always existed) and appear to be the real key point that prohibit the
simplest solution, that one to give up the opposite mode for the day of a
contest.
Out of very small portions hosting the same CW callers or the same SSB
chatting
nets, Contest on 160 are probably disruptive of silence.

73,
Mauri I4JMY