[CQ-Contest] 3 QSO penalty

Guy Olinger, K2AV k2av at contesting.com
Fri Aug 24 23:02:35 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kharker at cs.utexas.edu>

> So, in this case, you log what you can.  You made a QSO and if you
fail to
> log it, that's not really ethical.  Why should you be able to "opt
out"
> of a contact after the fact?  Why should you not be penalized for
making an
> error like you describe?  Screwing up like that is, in my opinion, no
> different than busting a callsign or an exchange but not realizing it
until
> later.

Not so quick.

What you are saying is that if we type it in the computer, we have to
keep it?

What about the obvious conundrum, bandied about considerably, that
unless we KNOW it's a QSO, we're not supposed to log it. We are talking
about a contact you claim in other email is NOTa QSO in any sense under
the rules.

You can't have both of these in the same logical rule space.

73,  Guy.

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com