[CQ-Contest] R7000

Nodir M. Tursoon-Zadeh nmt at at-communication.com
Mon Dec 3 08:55:41 EST 2001

Hi,

Last CQ WW SSB and CW I used Cushcraft R7000 antenna. Power in both contests
was about 1,2 KW.
Second day in CW test I noticed high SWR and stop operation. I suspect that
my PA damaged antenna even in spec 1,5 KW was noticed.
I am far away from service centers and did not get any suggestions from
Cushcraft what to do. I will be thankful for technical advises how to repair
it.

Also will be interested to be in touch with ICOM users who use radio with
CT-17 level converter. I am going to connect some accessories and wonder if
I can use PTT from CT-17 instead of suggested separate one of accessory to
save serial port for other applications.

Regards,

Nodir Tursoon-Zadeh EY8MM
nmt at at-communication.com
http://www.qsl.net/ey8mm/menu2.html