[CQ-Contest] R7000

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Mon Dec 3 10:47:34 EST 2001

In a message dated 12/2/01 9:05:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
nmt at at-communication.com writes:

> Last CQ WW SSB and CW I used Cushcraft R7000 antenna. Power in both contests
>  was about 1,2 KW.
>  Second day in CW test I noticed high SWR and stop operation. I suspect that
>  my PA damaged antenna even in spec 1,5 KW was noticed.
>  I am far away from service centers and did not get any suggestions from
>  Cushcraft what to do. I will be thankful for technical advises how to
repair
>  it.

    The best place to get an answer to your question is TowerTalk - the tower
and HF antenna construction reflector. Send a message to
towertalk-request at contesting.com with <subscribe> in the message to subscribe.

    Lots of info in the TowerTalk archives at www.contesting.com as well.

    The R7 is well known for not being able to take too much power.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com