Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: [FCG] riding the RF gain...

i4jmy@iol.it i4jmy at iol.it
Mon Dec 3 17:09:48 EST 2001

No AGC is potentially a dangerous practice for ears since any RF
increase at the antenna connector produces an identical variation on
the AF level. Beware that signals with huge level differences are not
uncommon, also during contests, expecially in silent bands or when
attenuators are used. In such cases the sound pressure can easily jump
beyond a safe limit.

73
Mauri I4JMY