[CQ-Contest] Fwd: [FCG] riding the RF gain...

Tim Makins, EI8IC ei8ic at eircom.net
Mon Dec 3 19:53:19 EST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: <Georgek5kg at aol.com>
To: <CQ-Contest at contesting.com>
Sent: 03 December 2001 12:58
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: [FCG] riding the RF gain...

> Something that I have come across in the past year that I really like is
the
> binaural cw feature in the Timewave 599zx.  This is a subtle feature that
> tends to put the high tones in the right ear and the low tones in the left
> ear.  This gives a depth to the cw signals and in a strange way seems to
give
> a separation of the tones in the brain.  I can't explain it any better
than
> that, other than to say that I find it pleasant and a help in the pileups.

G6CJ designed one of these many years ago, using op-amps, and called it the
'Stereocode Unit'. I built one and still use it all the time for CW -
wouldn't do without it. If anyone has access to back issues of the RSGB's
Radcomm magazine, they should be able to find the article in the index.
There was a design for a PCB included as well. Well worth building.

Tim EI8IC
www.qsl.net/ei8ic/
The Irish and European HF Contester's Resource Website.
Recent winner of the 'DX Zone' Editors choice Award.

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com