[CQ-Contest] WRTC-2002 FIS Rankings - USA

Zivney, Terry L. 00tlzivney at bsu.edu
Wed Dec 5 10:18:43 EST 2001

"Ken Widelitz" <widelitz at gte.net>  recently posted on the CQ-Contest
reflector:

If 10 or more
submissions per category from a zone (CQWW) or call area (WPX, IARU) are
reported, the winner gets 0 points, even for a seemingly part time
effort.

This is NOT what the official WRTC-2002 website says!

I asked this very question  last year and NO response was forthcoming
from the
organizers.

>From the official WRTC-2002 website

Team applications will be ranked based on a formula called "CCF Rating"
 http://www.wrtc2002.org/ccfrate.htm) but however this formula is only
used as a tool for the organizational
 committee for the selection process. The most important selection
criterias are the success in the recent CQWW, CQ
 WPX and IARU contests plus the success in the past WRTC competitions
but as the scores can not be the only way to
 compare the applicants, the final decision will be made by the
organizational committee.

The  CCF description says NOTHING on the WRTC site says:

The winning score:
the winning score of class participated. Usually this means the
continental winner but you need to use wide enough area to have
at least 10 logs (in your operating class) to compare. In many cases
this means that in CA, SA or AF, you have to use the
worldwide winning scores [OC can be counted to AS].

Note that nothing is said about zones or call areas.  In fact, the
example on the site for
the WPX clearly shows that zones 14, 15 & 16 are all considered part of
Europe for
the purpose of assigning points.

Thus, I submit that the listing provided by Ken is substantially at
variance with
the rules of the WRTC committee.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9
n4tz at arrl.net