[CQ-Contest] CW Optimized Headphones

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sat Dec 8 09:17:48 EST 2001

At 01:07 PM 12/8/01 +0300, Eric Scace wrote:

>   I prefer to have a minimum amount of items which modify the signals
between the antenna and my ears.  Beside the "peaked for CW
>reception" concept described below, some folks have mentioned headphones
with active noise-cancellation circuitry and wireless
>headphones as something they enjoy using.  Each of these introduces some
additional points of potential distortion.

I find the EDSP audio contouring on my Mark 5 is very helpful for
minimizing fatigue.  It has taken care of the only real drawback to my
Radio Shack phones, which is the excessive high-frequency response.
Before, on my TS-930, 2-4 mfd of capacitance across the headphones (thanks,
K2UA) took care of this problem pretty well too.

73, Pete N4ZR
www.qsl.net/n4zr

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com