[CQ-Contest] What do SO2R guys do in 10m contest?

Jerry Flanders jflanders2 at home.com
Wed Dec 12 15:53:05 EST 2001

I would be concerned about blowing the front end of the first radio when
the second one transmits with high power. I would rig up  a RF voltmeter
and measure the RF at the "other" antenna's feedline. If I measured more
than maybe a half volt I would want to use "somebody else's" radio!

Even with stubs on my (separate) cross-polarized antennas that are 140 feet
apart, I still get up to 300 mv on an RF voltmeter on some bands with high
power.

A 50 ohm resistor, capacitor, diode, and your digital MM will tell you the
approx. RF voltage.

Jerry W4UK

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com