[CQ-Contest] K4OJ's Problem

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Mon Dec 17 09:51:04 EST 2001

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 06:31:26AM -0000, N7MAL wrote:

> Very late Sunday afternoon, while I was CQ'ng, K4OJ answered me. He was a
> dupe but insisted I log him because his computer had crashed and all his
> earlier contacts were lost. I use CT and couldn't log him because at the end
> of the contest I would run RMDUPES and the contact would be deleted. He was
> adamant I should log him. It became obvious he was becoming a pest and we
> were just wasting time so I gave him a report and he moved on. The second
> contact will not show up in my log or should it show up in anyone's log. I
> feel sorry for K4OJ but 'stuff' happens and sometimes all you can do is cry
> in your beer. There's always next year.

Or you could use logging software that will let you log dupes.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences      VP, Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com