[CQ-Contest] Re: K4OJ's problem

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Dec 18 10:53:09 EST 2001

At 03:08 PM 12/18/01 +0000, Bill Tippett wrote:
Why
>>not just guess, or make something up?  He's not going to count anyway...
>
>	I just hate putting anything into my log that I KNOW is not correct.
>It also takes another round after getting a weak call for him to send
>his
>exchange...and it's usually these guys that send my call, their call and
>the
>exchange each 3 times at 10 WPM...and then add their family history!  I
>don't know how many times I've struggled with a weak station getting a
>serial number correct...and THEN he corrects his call to one that is
>already in my log...ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

I think there's another good reason to do this -- you may not have been in
HIS log the first time (pileup error or something), and if not, and he
sends his log in, that QSO won't count.  If you fake the serial number the
second time, you could lose both QSOs.

I suggest everyone just accept dupes as overhead and move on.

73, Pete N4ZR
www.qsl.net/n4zr

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com