[CQ-Contest] Re: copying weak signals was: K4OJ's problem

K0LUZ K0LUZ at topsusa.com
Tue Dec 18 19:37:30 EST 2001

My problem on cw is cut numbers.  It is very apparent that out there
somewhere in Europe is a software designer who has made cut serial numbers
the default and many are using the software!  Trying to figure out fives
that are sent as 'e',  zeros sent as 'o', etc., etc., etc.   In one of my
'senior moments'  I logged a k1 in New Hampshire as serial number '95'
instead of NH!  Considering the penalties for bad qso's,  you would think it
would be important to be accurate instead of just fast.  Cut serial numbers
create more doubt than the real thing!

73
Red
K0LUZ