[CQ-Contest] Logging Dupes

Bernie McClenny, W3UR bernie at dailydx.com
Tue Dec 18 20:04:19 EST 2001

Scott what happens when the band is just opening up and I hear HZ1MD on the
exact same frequency as you.  He is S9+ and you are S2.  You don't here the
HZ station but yet you hear me calling.  The timing is right and I work
HZ1MD and he logs me, but you think I have worked you.   Now several hours
have passed and I hear you and call you.  You push your F7 key and get
penalized!  If you had worked me the second time you would not be penalized.

Yes some people are lazy or are not very serious about the contest and do
not keep good logs.  No question about that.  However I think anyone who
does not work a dupe is making a mistake, unless they have worked that
station multiple times (3+).

If they are a dupe don't answer them first, wait until the pileup slows
down!

73
Bernie, W3UR

--
Bernie McClenny, W3UR
Editor of - The Daily DX - The Weekly DX - How's DX

http://www.dailydx.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com