[CQ-Contest] Re: K4OJ's problem

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Tue Dec 18 18:45:15 EST 2001

> 	I just hate putting anything into my log that I KNOW is not correct.
> It also takes another round after getting a weak call for him to send
> his
> exchange...and it's usually these guys that send my call, their call and
> the
> exchange each 3 times at 10 WPM...and then add their family history!  I
> don't know how many times I've struggled with a weak station getting a
> serial number correct...and THEN he corrects his call to one that is
> already in my log...ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Don't ya love those guys!

If we could just find out what publications they read and write a short,
simple article on how to operate a contest like a pro or something like
that.  I believe we also need to find the guys who asked for repeats from
them and who ultimately convinced them they needed to send their call two or
three times.  :-)  If there were only a Q-signal for "Send your callsign
only once. You are readable and I can copy CW."

>P.S.  On the second point, maybe I'm getting old but it seems the
> quality
> of CW-sending hit an alltime low in this contest!

I didn't notice so much of that.  The DX stations continue to amaze me: I
often cranked my calls to DX stations (strong and weak) up to 33wpm and most
got my call first call, in spite of me being QRP.  Cool!

73,
dale, kg5u

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com