[CQ-Contest] Ft1000 MP audio output

Eric Scace K3NA eric at k3na.org
Thu Dec 20 19:23:39 EST 2001

Hi John --

   This is a problem with almost every radio.  The original applications for these line level outputs (phone patches, RTTY) do NOT
want the transmitted signal routed back through the receiver output jack, as it would cause a feedback loop (in the telephone) or
garble decoders (RTTY terminal units).

   Perhaps one solution is to simply mix your line input (transmit) audio with the line output.  That, of course, requires some
external hardware and doesn't work for CW; one would have to synthesize a sidetone for CW.  This is yet another option for station
trick boxes that interconnect computers with radios...

-- Eric K3NA