[CQ-Contest] ARRL Standardizes Club Names for Electronic Contest Submittals

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Sat Dec 22 08:35:21 EST 2001

>From The ARRL Letter, Vol. 20, No. 50, December 21, 2001
(The entire ARRL Letter is available at http://www.arrl.org/arrlletter/)

==>ARRL STANDARDIZES CLUB NAMES FOR ELECTRONIC CONTEST SUBMITTALS

The ARRL Contest Branch has released a list of standardized club designators
to enable the ARRL contest robot to properly count electronically submitted
contest scores toward a club's ARRL Affiliated Club Competition point total.
ARRL Contest Branch Manager Dan Henderson, N1ND, says a list of clubs that
have participated in various ARRL operating events in recent years is posted
on the ARRL Web site <http://www.arrl.org/contests/club-list.html>.

ARRL-affiliated club members submitting contest scores for club credit
should use their club's name as it appears on the list as a standard
designator. In most cases, this means typing the name into the "club" field
on the logging program used. Henderson says that clubs must be
ARRL-affiliated to participate in the various ARRL Affiliated Club
Competitions associated with the ARRL's contest program. Members of clubs
that are not ARRL-affiliated should leave that field blank when submitting
ARRL contest entries.

"We can adjust the full club names when necessary," Henderson said. "We can
edit the list to add new clubs." A standardized list of club abbreviations
has not been developed at this point, Henderson explained, because some
clubs might share an abbreviation.

"While we realize it isn't the perfect solution to the problem or the
solution some would have chosen, it is a system that works within the
framework of the database programs we use at the Contest Branch," Henderson
said. He invited questions, comments and suggestions. Contact Dan Henderson,
n1nd at arrl.org; 860-594-0232.

73,
Dale L. Martin, KG5U
kg5u at hal-pc.org