[CQ-Contest] M/S 10 Meter Contest - Question for Entrants

Tom Osborne w7why at harborside.com
Sat Dec 22 18:20:18 EST 2001

George Fremin III - K5TR wrote:

> I have a station that is well sutied to doing M/2 and the CQ WW
> version of M/S but if adding a band change rule is only way to
> stop folks from cheating in the ARRL 10 meter M/S catagory then >I can not say I would be opposed to the change.

It doesn't matter what rule change, etc, you make.  If people
want to cheat, they are going to cheat!!  That's all there is to
that.  I think some people hire an attorney to study the rules so
they can find some kind of loophole to cheat legally (an
oxymoron).  It seems as all you need are 4 rules:

1.  Don't run more than the legal power
2.  Don't have more than one signal on the air at one time or
you     are a multi station.
3.  Don't switch bands (or modes) less than 10 minutes after
you      come onto a band or you are a multi station.
4.  If the contest doesn't have a multi classification,
violation     of rules 2 or 3 means disqualification.

Ain't that simple?  Why do we need 2 pages of rules to operate a
contest?  I guess I just live in a dream world :-)  73
Tom W7WHY

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com