[CQ-Contest] ROTTEN OPERATING

Bob, N5RP N5RP at pdq.net
Sun Dec 30 11:09:17 EST 2001

At 08:29 12/30/01 +0000, Al Crespo wrote:
>Yeah,
>Pull off the motor way to write down a call and then  get back on the
>motorway, gee this should be a requirement for everyone. Why don't the
>mobile op's  just write it on their forehead and when they look in the rear
>view mirror they can see their log?
=========================>
Gee Al,

If you log a QSO with T0T on your forehead that might work, and it might
work for a few other magical callsigns, but most other forehead logging
entries would look like Cyrillic when viewed in a rearview mirror.

Best way for mobiles to hand out an occasional QSO in  a serious contest,
as I see it, so as to not cause dupe difficulties to those contesters that
cannot tolerate same, might still be to pull off the side of the road and
keep a log with a Big Chief pad of paper and a bold #2 lead pencil.

Unless something of the such is done, the poor unfortunate duped contesters
will have to use the built in no-brainer features of their software to
correct for duplicate QSOs at the end of the contest, and that is really an
inconvenience.
Bob Perring
Amateur Radio Station  N5RP
mailto:N5RP at pdq.net