[CQ-Contest] Re: 2 dB more?

Salina Physician Anesthesia spa at tri.net
Sun Dec 30 17:41:31 EST 2001

Sitting here filling out a jillion reply QSLs and wondering:

I have been using a KT-36XA in the last few contests.  Joke is that I've
basically only worked 10M as I am really a DXer first and don't like getting
a run going as I can't handle the mess.  However, it is nice to call into a
pile and get in on the first call.  And then there are the weak stations
that plead for a contact and they are in the QRN with syllables only.  A few
dB more and?  Or would I just find another layer?

So, it's no big deal to get the KT-36XA down, put up a M2 7 el 10M beam with
1.99 dB more gain.

Worth the price of the antenna?

N0UU

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com