Fwd: [CQ-Contest] ROTTEN OPERATING

Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg at contesting.com
Sun Dec 30 20:34:20 EST 2001

Sure, the running guy made an error, and surely
typos occur... but it's also possible he heard you
calling someone up the band a few hundred Hz and
your transmissions were "in sync" so he thought
you were calling him.

The fact that so many S&P guys call WAY off
frequency can cause running guys to get a little
loose about how far off frequency a caller they'll
respond to.  Sooner or later they get fooled and
work a "phantom".

73 Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com