[CQ-Contest] Whats happened to DE ???

W1HIJCW at aol.com W1HIJCW at aol.com
Tue Feb 27 09:38:03 EST 2001

In a message dated 02/26/2001 17:04:08 Pacific Standard Time,
otterstad at enter.vg writes:

 > Having been at the " rare" end from time time, I for one always listen on
 > the fringes of the pile up for weak signals. By doing that I have been able
 > to work some real weak stations who otherwise never would have made it in my
 > log.
 > In other words, it take two to tango !  hi
 >
 > 73
 >
 > Ragnar Otterstad " RAG"  LA5HE Also JW5HE OZ8RO.

Rag is 100% right --- when I was in FO a few months ago, the prevailing
propagation was to EU over the pole in my evening hours. Given that I was
apparently fairly loud in EU, the pileups quickly became 5 to 10 kHz wide and
the only way I could give a fair shot to callers was to alternate between
either end of the calling throng. Thank God for RIT!

73, Bill
FO0SCH and W1HIJ/6

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com