[CQ-Contest] Seeking Software Developer for Remote Control Radio Project

Bill Fisher - W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Tue Jan 16 22:11:59 EST 2001

Hi gang,

Many of you may know that I have successfully controlled my mountain
contest station remotely over a telephone connection.  This is the same
technology that Danny K7SS wrote about in the NCJ some years ago.

Well, I have gone in business with the guy who wrote the software and we
are both too busy now to improve and promote it.  Garth, KG7GA, the author
has indicated that he would like to release it in the public domain under
the restrictions of the GNU Public License.

So I'm seeking someone who would be interested in furthering this cool
stuff and owning the project.  The software on the server side is
currently running on DOS and written in C.  The client side is written in
VB and runs in Windows.

We can provide a web site for the project and a CVS repository for the
development.

I'm starting with contesters for all the obvious reasons.

73

Bill Fisher, W4AN

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com