[CQ-Contest] Two radios - one amp

Jay Terleski wx0b at arraysolutions.com
Wed Jan 17 08:44:30 EST 2001

<002901c08023$8fd22ae0$0ff4a43f at buckeyecablesystem.com>
Sender: owner-cq-contest at contesting.com

Two Radios one amp, or two radios two amps.........this is the question.

I am building a neat system for a gentleman right now that will take two
radios, two amps,(an ACOM and a manual tune amp) and a SixPak.  It will
Swizzle the radio RF outputs or change the two radios into the two amps
inputs and also swizzle the outputs of the amps (5kW rated) to the two
inputs of the SixPak ( we do this so the band data information follows
the correct antenna selection for radio A and radio B).  It will do this
"dual transco function" with a manual switch currently.

The circuitry to do this must keep isolation very high to keep hash and
harmonics down, and it also will manage the PTTs.

One of the benifits of this box is that you can jumper out the second
amp and use only one amp if you had one that was fast enouph.

By using an external recieve loop I think you easily be able to hear on
the "mult" radio while the run radio at the time was transmitting.  Also
using the SO2R box I am coming out with shortly this function becomes
very easy to impliment.

I get many questions daily on the SO2R box status.  So let me take a
little time to say. I just have got the final board in last night and
assembled it. I will post it to the webpage sometime this week.

Metal work will be finished tonight.  Once I get this approved. I will
also post it to the webpage.

So this weekend the Array web site should have the info.  I also have
the list of pre-orders and will send each of you an email directly.

Jay

--
Jay Terleski
WX0B - Array Solutions