[CQ-Contest] W1AW/6 in IARU test

ken keeler kenkeeler at jazznut.com
Thu Jul 5 20:12:31 EDT 2001

Fellow contesters:

A stellar team of Northern California Contest Club operators will activate
the ARRL HQ callsign as W1AW/6, during the IARU HF World Championship, on
July 14, 15.  I'd like to ask US and Canadian contesters for your special
help in our quest to top the HQ competition in the 2001 event.  That will
be no easy task, if you've seen the monster score from DA0HQ last
year.  You can help by working W1AW/6 on as many band modes as your time
and band conditions allow.  Please spread the word to your local ham clubs,
who may not be intense contesters like you, but would like the opportunity
to work the special event callsign.  For award chasers, we will award
certificates to those catching W1AW/6 on at least 8 band-modes ( for North
American stations).

Full details on our operation and awards, including some great tips by
K2KW, and propagation info by N6BV, are at:  www.nccc.cc.
Contest rules are
at:  http://www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/rules-iaru.html or on page
111, April 2001 QST.