[CQ-Contest]

Hammond Robert robert.hammond at huntleigh-diagnostics.co.uk
Fri Jul 6 12:10:50 EDT 2001

Dear Contesters

        I went to hook up Rig control for my contest logger last night &
gasp , shock , horror, looks like there's no RS232 interface on my TS850. I
checked the manual & it says it's an optional extra. Does anyone know if
this optional RS232 interface is a generic one for most Kenwood sets & where
I could get one ( or if it's possible to make one from some sort of OEM
RS232 Board). I'll start with Kenwood UK today but have a feeling they
probably don't make them now ( not that I know as being licensed for only a
year , I don't know when the 850 was introduced ). It comes at a time when I
realise that rig control could really speed up my S&P speed using direct
frequency entry on the Logger & scratch pad memories for frequencies. I'm
also wondering approx how much they are. I have until next Thursday to get
it sorted as I have 10 Antennas to get up for the IARU test on Friday. Any
help appreciated..

Cheers

Rob Hammond MW5EPA

the system manager.