[CQ-Contest]

k8cc k8cc at mediaone.net
Fri Jul 6 20:26:56 EDT 2001

Rob,

The RS-232 interface for the TS-850 is a simple level converter.  Kenwood
makes one called the IF-10D which is still listed for use with the TS-50,
although the bigger radios like the TS-870 and TS-2000 appear to have it
built in (like it SHOULD be).

Building such a level converter yourself is not a big project.  I built one
for my TS-850 out of a recent version of the ARRL handbook.  FAR CIRCUITS
here in the states offers a PCB for the Handbook design.  The interface
wires to one of the accessory sockets on the back of the TS-850.  There is
enough info in the Kenwood manual to figure out how to hook it up.

73,

Dave/K8CC

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com