[CQ-Contest] IARU Contest Video Needs You

Jim Idelson k1ir at designet.com
Thu Jul 12 18:49:54 EDT 2001

Do you have a camcorder?

I am putting together an instructional video on contesting. The core material
will be a wide variety video clips shot during the 2001 IARU contest.

Can you setup a camcorder to capture your effort in the contest? We need video
from stations of all kinds, particularly single-ops at all levels of
competition - ssb and cw. The primary purpose of the video will be to teach
strategy and operating technique to newer contesters - to help reduce the fear
factor. Here's what we need:

- Shots of operators in the acts of running and S&P - with radio audio.
- Shots that show what the station and antenna farm looks like.
- Commentary by the operator on specific questions.

The prefered format is MiniDV, but other formats are acceptable [I will have to
convert].

It would be great if we had video from stations all around the world.

If you are interested, please contact me immediately at k1ir at designet.com. I
can give you a detailed description of the shots and interview questions we
need.

Look forward to having your help . . . thanks and 73!

Jim Idelson K1IR

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com