[CQ-Contest] RE: CQ Contest Digest V4 #227

Mark Beckwith swca at swbell.net
Fri Jul 20 11:32:00 EDT 2001

>From: Bill Fisher W4AN <w4an at contesting.com>
>Subject: [CQ-Contest] Multi-Multi-Multi
>
>This distributed multi thing (HQ stations) in IARU seems to be pretty
>popular.  Does this have potential to be a fun category in other contests?
>
>I can imagine combining forces with a couple of other SECC club
>member/stations for this would-be category.
>
>Sounds like fun to me.

Bill, this is similar to what we did in the CQWW a couple years ago with the
Boring Amateur Radio Club.  Absolutely it has the potential to be a fun
category.  We had to enter as a check log, but Tree and I, et al, wrote an
article about it in the NCJ (I think - I don't remember for sure - my brain cell
is partially detached).  It was a HOOT.  My only concern would be, of course,
the usual caveat about diluting the other categories.  If it increased activity
it would be a good thing.  I'm not certain it would do that.

Networking the stations was very interesting.

Mark - N5OT

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com