[CQ-Contest] M/M/M category in contests

ken keeler kenkeeler at jazznut.com
Fri Jul 20 20:51:22 EDT 2001

Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 00:09:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: Bill Fisher W4AN <w4an at contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Multi-Multi-Multi

This distributed multi thing (HQ stations) in IARU seems to be pretty
popular. Does this have potential to be a fun category in other contests?
I can imagine combining forces with a couple of other SECC club
member/stations for this would-be category.
Sounds like fun to me.

Bill, it is fun.  Having just done the W1AW/6 thing with six station
locations in N. CA, I recommend it as something for contest sponsors to
think about.  The IARU is a good one, as most summer events need some
spicing up.  I would like to see first, the other committee categories
(R1,2,3 Secretaries, and AC) be allowed to operate MMM.  Then, other clubs
like SECC, TCG, SMC, etc do it.  We know that some stations do the next
logical thing, MMMM (multi-op, multi-tx, multiple locations, multiple
transmitters per band-mode).  That sounds like even more fun, to me.

NCCC actually had two MMM operations planned, but had to scale down the
W6ROD operation to M/S, due to a ruling from IARU.  Their feeling was that
they wanted to encourage the individual secretaries to be active in the
contest.  How likely is that?  But, Rod Stafford was all in favor of the
NCCC plan, and actually came to the W6ROD operation at Stanford U., W6YX.

More debate?

N6RO

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com