[CQ-Contest] Packet cheating

Shelby Summerville k4ww at home.com
Sun Jul 22 13:24:18 EDT 2001

KQ2M said, among other things:
"I am glad that there are categories for packet users - it introduces a
different operating element and provide an interesting alternative to SO
without packet, as well as a way for guys to DX and further enhance their
scores.  This is good thing."

As there should also be a category for those of "us" that, for
whatever reason, choose to use only one (1) radio in a
category that is "innundated" with multiple radio users,
especially at the "top of the heap"! There are many reasons
as to why, I personally, and a great percentage of the participants in most
contests choose to use only one (1) radio! Whatever those reasons are is not
important, the fact that "we" choose to use SO1R, is important, and "we"
should not be compelled, if we want to enter, to compete directly, in the
same category, as SO2R! Most , if not all SO2R operators, are accomplished
enough to score higher than most SO1R users? Why should they have more of an
advantage? If SO2R were not an advantage, why do so many choose to use it?
Are most SO2R users so adamantly opposed to a seperate category simply
because they don't want to give up their advantage? Are most SO2R users
against operating in any contest that applies the "10 minute rule" to SO?
SO2R should not be discouraged or restricted, but should not be allowed to
compete directly against SO1R?
C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com