[CQ-Contest] SO2R vs SO1R

Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg at contesting.com
Fri Jul 27 13:06:15 EDT 2001

Jeff wrote:

"You gain an advantage having a 2nd radio..."

Yes you do.  So what?

Arguing that SO2R is an advantage should not be the
issue.  Of course it is an advantage - like many
other advantages that we have incorporated into our
stations over the years.  The list is huge.

To me, that's one of the aspects of radio
contesting that keeps it interesting.

The problem is NOT the "gaining of an advantage" but
what "advantages" (or differences - use your own noun)
are so overwhelming (or unique - use your own
adjective) that they warrant creating another class.

With all the technology that we've come to accept as
in the spirit of the single operator, I just don't see
any difference in adding a second xcvr.

Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com