[CQ-Contest] Busting Packet

Tom Rauch W8JI at contesting.com
Fri Jul 27 18:35:04 EDT 2001

> just a couple of thoughts. First, we went to computer log checking, now
> ARRL requires Cabrillo, someone came up with "uniques" and now there are

We always work several uniques in contests, sometimes very low
power poor antenna stations that no one else manages to hear. i'm
sure others do the same.

It's a shame those contacts don't count, it is the careful
listening/good receiver penalty at work, hi hi.

Recently a bunch of people busted ZL3REX's call in a contest, and
a KL7 got it right. Since ZL3REX was not in the callbook (even
though it is the good call) and ZL2REX was in the callbook (even
though it is a bad call) all the people who logged the contact
incorrectly got credit.

Anyone who logged it wrong received credit. At least one person
who logged it right had it tossed. I'd bet this happens more than we
imagine.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI at contesting.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com