[CQ-Contest] Busting Packet

Ed k4sb at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 27 20:30:42 EDT 2001

Bill Coleman wrote:
snipped

You miss the point. A log checker never has to "prove" anything.
Contest adjudication isn't a court of law. What the judges say is
final. If they see enough screwy stuff in a log, they can go ahead and
DQ it, even if  just their "intuition" tells them it's a cheat.
Well, just a couple of thoughts. First, we went to computer log
checking, now ARRL requires Cabrillo, someone came up with "uniques"
and now there are these seemingly endless messages about a relatively
few individuals who we all know will cheat in some manner even if we
put them in a locked cell.

As Bill correctly pointed out, the judge is the final authority.

And that is pure and simply not right. We certainly need to do all we
can to improve this aspect of our hobby, but enough is enough!

If CQ wants to back up its right, just publish the calls and reason
for the DQed, and then stand by for the libel suits which will follow.

At my age, I'll just give you quys a few hundred Qs, but go through
all this nonsense by submitting a log, never again.

Before this goes much further, we should make sure the cure is not
worse than the disease.

73
Ed

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com