[CQ-Contest] SO2R vs SO1R

Tom Osborne w7why at harborside.com
Fri Jul 27 19:12:41 EDT 2001

Dale L Martin wrote:

> SO2R operating increases one's efficiency.  Efficient operating >is what is important to me.  I am glad that I tried and use >SO2R.

I tried it once and quit.  I would have made about %50 less
contacts SO2R than I did SO1R.  SO2R definitely takes a lot of
practice to be come efficient and I found I would need a lot of
practice.  There is a lot more involved than sitting another
radio on the desk and firing away.  I'd like to try it again, but
not in a really hectic environment till I get the hang of it.
The only negative I see is from some posts that some have heard
stations calling CQ on different bands at the same time.  That is
definitely a no-no.  73
Tom W7WHY

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com