[CQ-Contest] Dinged Good QSOs

Ed k4sb at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 31 18:28:21 EDT 2001

Tree N6TR wrote:
For example, I recently had feedback that a QSO was NIL in a single
band
10 meter log because the other station logged the QSO on 15 meters.
While it is pretty obvious what happened and where the fault lies,
there is no way for the log checking program to know all of the facts
and be able to "do the right thing".  In this case, both parties will
lose credit for the QSO.

Tree

I believe this is the sort of thing which is creating  controversy.
It's pretty obvious the 15 meter log entrant made the error, and
common sense as you point out should rule here. But to penalize the 10
meter log is just not right. And I don't think that much of software
which can't distinguish a single band log.

73
Ed

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com