[CQ-Contest] WRTC & PED

Bill Fisher W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Wed Jun 13 11:56:48 EDT 2001

Hi Ward,

One of the best analogies that I can come up with for the PED competition
is the 10 year old kid my neighborhood who can easily beat any grown-up in
a car racing video game.

Based on your comments below, would you suggest that this 10-year old and
his video game fall in to the "necessary but not sufficient" category for
determining automobile racing skill?

Certainly the pileup tapes have a higher degree of correlation than my
example, but I think it demonstrates my point.

If you want to see who can race a car the fastest, you put them in a car
and race.  You don't put them in front of a video game.

73

Bill, W4AN

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com