[CQ-Contest] WRTC & PED

Bob Naumann - N5NJ n5nj at gte.net
Thu Jun 14 00:14:57 EDT 2001

Bill,

I think this is a measurable, consistent way of comparing the operators
pileup copying capability.

Since it is recorded, the comparison of one operator to another is real.  In
other words, this is really leveling the playing field by having everyone
copy the same calls from the very same pre-recorded pileup.

I do not, however, think that one can conclude anything about one's
on-the-air ability based on these types of tests.  This sort of situation is
more stressful than on the air since you can't ask for fills or get the
pileup to pause while you work someone.  This pileup does not emulate the
way any of us operates - unless we SWL someone else's pileup.

73,
N5NJ