[CQ-Contest] WRTC & PED

Zoli Pitman HA1AG ha1ag at compuserve.com
Wed Jun 13 22:01:13 EDT 2001

> Your points are well-taken.  The real questions are (putting on my lab
> coat and looking over the tops of my glasses in my best Real Scientist
> imitation) one, whether there is a strong and statistically significant
> correlation between pileup competition ability and contest score

Not necessarily. QRQ is poor guys' contesting. Even those guys can be very
good at it, who do not have the chance of accessing stations on competitve
locations to test their skills on-air.

> and two,
> whether there are few false-positives and negatives. (i.e. - high-scoring
> pileup competition enthusiasts that do poorly on the air and vice versa)

Anti HA3OV is a good answer to this question. He has a two world champ
titles on PED/RUFZ (which is part of the official IARU's High Speed
Telepgraphy Championship, which took place last week), and he's a
magnificent CW pileup operator. I can offer the tape of his 260+ QSO hour I
recorded in E44 to prove this..

73 de Zoli HA1AG

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com