[CQ-Contest] My earlier FD proposal

Jim Reisert jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jun 27 16:40:21 EDT 2001

--- Shelby Summerville <k4ww at home.com> wrote:

> Why should it be complicated? Make it "simply" an "operating
> event" without the need for rules or administration? What difference does it
> make who operates what or how! Just
> do it! No need for someone to compile the results, or post
> them, as all scores would be "claimed", and may the "best
> claimer" win?

Because participation will drop off 90% or more.  If you don't have scores and
awards, hams with egos won't participate.  How much turnout do you think there
is for the Simulated Emergency Test that's written up in QST?  Isn't this a
similar event?  I've never participated in one, and I'll bet a lot of
CONTESTERS on this reflector haven't either.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com