[CQ-Contest] Byterunner ISA cards in combo motherboard for contest computer

The Tolberts jtolbert at gremlan.org
Sat Mar 10 10:04:31 EST 2001

Anyone have any luck installing a Byterunner ISA card in a motherboard with
PCI and ISA slots?. I'm trying to install a 4 serial port card in a combo
motherboard (PCI/ISA slots). The motherboard has 2 built in com ports. I
originally tried to install the Byterunner as Com3-Com 6. I followed the
manual and the instructions at byterunner.com. The ports appear in the
Device Mananger with no conflicts but I cant pass any data thru them. No
program ( win95 or dos run in a shell) recognizes the ports. I tried
disabling the on board ports and setting the byterunner as Com1-Com 4. Again
ports appear to be there ( no conflicts listed) but I cant use them. The
programs (even Hyperterm) don't see the byterunner card.  There is a setting
in the BIOS to reserve IRQs for legacy ISA cards and I have Irq3 and 4
reserved and have the byterunner set for that IRQ. Anyone have any ideas?

73 Jamie WW3S

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com