[CQ-Contest] Splatters in WPX

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Fri Mar 30 07:55:26 EST 2001

In a message dated 3/29/2001 23:47:02 Eastern Standard Time,
OL5Y at contesting.com writes:

 >  is there on the reflector someone from UP0L and W5WMU? I would like to
 >  send them audio recording of theirs horrible (but not the strongest)
 >  signals with 20kHz-wide splatters, which caused troubles to me in WPX
 >  this weekend. Did enyone else have the same problem?

There were many other "winners" in that category, some of them were QRMing
themselves, you could not figure out the callsign, the audio was so distorted
and overcompressed. The offender was louder when not talking, fan, street,
breathing noise! When told to turn it back, the typical reply was "thankyou,
good luck, QRZ?"

There were horrible wide splattering signals, when notified, I got the same
response as above, and they just kept spewing garbage on the band. Time to
disqualify few, maybe others will get the message.

Appeal to those casual contesters that do not enter "for blood" - get your
tape recorders and make few recordings and submit to the sponsor for
consideration of disqualification and notification to licensing authorities
for violation of licensing regulations. Too much CB like crap creeping in,
especially on 10m.

73 Yuri, K3BU, NT1E

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com