[CQ-Contest] USA Selection Observations

Ron Wetjen wd4ahz at gte.net
Thu May 3 02:34:42 EDT 2001

Tree N6TR wrote:

 > Come up with some kind of list of people to vote on them (maybe
 > representatives from the different clubs - previous judges/entrants)
 > and give them each 10 votes (or 12 or whatever).

I just don't understand why the "Top 10" clubs just can't pick one of
"their own" to be a club representitive.  The way it is now, being a
"Top 10" club is no big deal, especially if the club isn't even
represented.  They get to pick members from "rival" clubs, but they
could be "shut out" themselves?  Some reward for your club's efforts!

As W4AN said, "The choices could end up being more about popularity
and visibility than ability."  That appears to be exactly the result
that's expected.

Ron, WD4AHZ

--
One of the W1AW/4 Crew - IARU/WRTC-2000