[CQ-Contest] Advice on CW/contest rig for $1000-$2000?

Tree N6TR tree at kkn.net
Wed May 2 21:48:53 EDT 2001

 > This is new to me. I am not a heavy duty contester, but have never seen any
 > problems like this with my 57DG. What is the exact problem that people are
 > reporting? Sure wish it had better and more filters though.

When sending CW - and sending a command over the computer interface,
the CW would be garbled.  K8CC confirmed that some of his users
have seen the same problem.

Again, this might have been fixed in newer versions of the radio - but
it was disappointing that Kenwood didn't come out and say they had
a problem and would fix it.

While we are ragging on Kenwood - they have also been reluctant
to admit they had a component problem with the DDS chips on the
early TS850S radios.  This kind of service would never be tolerated
in my professional capacity.

Tree N6TR

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com