[CQ-Contest] Fwd: Checklist!

Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg at contesting.com
Wed May 30 15:22:40 EDT 2001

I would consider creating a band plan or assembly of this-and-that as
things better done *well* before the start.  But this is stuff that counts
as well, although even minor assembly is not recommended in the final hours
- yeah right!

I was referring more to the stuff that's easy to forget (some of it might
be applicable only to your station):

1. setting PC up (lots here - deserves its own breakdown)
2. finding scrap paper
3. sharp pencils
4. re-arranging desk between phone (gasp!) and CW contests
5. snacks ready-to-eat
6. tuning amp up and marking front panel for quick-tune.
7. recording any outgoing messages (DVK, etc.)

Maybe the first thing on the list is to make the list. :)

73 Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com