[CQ-Contest] 756Pro: definition of 'ratty'

George Cutsogeorge w2vjn at rosenet.net
Fri Nov 30 09:53:38 EST 2001

It's true that there is no perfect AGC circuit.  The MP gain recovers so
fast that it brings weaker signals up to full level inbetween dots and
dashes of a stronger signal in the pass band.  This makes it very difficult
to copy a pile up.  Running with the AGC off eliminates this problem and
improves ones rate when CQing.  You have to be willing to ride the RF gain
control, however.

I have never found a DSP of any kind that could improve ones ability to copy
CW signals.

George, W2VJN