[CQ-Contest] CQWW Logging Question

Anthony A. Luscre aluscre at neo.rr.com
Thu Nov 1 19:56:51 EST 2001

Last year a few of my entries were removed from my total due to the way
I logged the call; I had log the station as -QRP and it was marked as a
unique even though I was in the other station's log.
My question concerns how to log stations signing Portable, QRP,
Temporary, etc. Do I log the station signing portable as /P, -P or just
the call.

The first type is the portable in one's own country (but with no
different number to distinguish where he is portable at)-
As an example M5ZAP was giving his call as "Mike Five Zulu Alpha Pappa
Portable" should I log him as M5ZAP/P, as M5ZAP-P (as my logging program
suggests- to avoid interpeting the call as being in a country with P
prefix) or as M5ZAP.

The second type is the portable in one's own country (but with a
different area number to distinguish where he is portable at)-
As an example JH3XCU/1  was giving his call as "Juliet Hotel Three X-ray
Charlie Union Portable One" should I log him as JH3XCU/1, as JH3XCU-1
(as my logging program suggests- to avoid interpeting the call as being
in a country with 1 prefix), as JH3XCU/JA1, as JH3XCU/JH1 or as JH3XCU.

The third is the station in their own country but not in their home call
district-
As an example  VE5UA was giving his call as Victor Echo Five Uniform
Alpha Portable Six.
Should I log him as VE5UA/6, as VE5UA-6 (as my logging program suggests-
to avoid interpeting the call as being in a country with 6 prefix) or as
VE5UA.

The fourth is the station not in their own country but not in another
country, but portable-
As an example  GJ/W4EE was giving his call as Gulf Juliet Slash Whiskey
Four Echo Echo Portable .
Should I log him as GJ/W4EE/P, as GJ/W4EE-P (as my logging program
suggests- to avoid interpeting the call as being in a country with 6
prefix) or as GJ/W4EE.

If possible it would be great to have the log checking software accept
all these variation or publish in the rules the exact way these examples
should be entered in the log.

--
     Anthony A. Luscre

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com