[CQ-Contest] Re: [Dx] Lets change phonetics

Ragnar Otterstad otterstad at enter.vg
Fri Nov 2 15:11:33 EST 2001

Maybe we need to pay less attention to the computers, pre-compiled lists of
stations we expect to be on the air, packet clusters, what we think we
should be hearing etc. and actually listen a bit harder...

Anyone who works DX and/or contests regularly will perhaps agree how few
stations calling CQ seem to listen out for, or even try to work weaker
stations...

As an old R/O once said to me - the art of radio boils down to one thing -
listening. That requires an ability to concentrate - something that seems to
be in shorter and shorter supply these days ;o)

73 & good Contesting
Cormac, EI4HQ

look to K3ZO, a super example of an excellent operator with a modest radio set
up, very good antennas and a brain that works !

73

Rag Otterstad    LA5HE also JW5HE OZ8RO

located in Telemark - home of skiing.
Take a look at: http://WWW.visitTelemark.com
or  http://www.visitnorway.com

PS
If the ICAO alphabeth is good enough for the airline industry it is good
enough for me

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com