[CQ-Contest] SS observations ( kinda long)

Sylvan Katz jskatz at sk.sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 5 14:59:01 EST 2001

> SS gets a LOT of activity from "Joe Tribander" because
> of the fact that "if I can be strong on one or two bands,
> I can win this thing".  Those guys will disappear if they
> must compete on every band 160-10.  Then Sunday
> would *REALLY* get slow!

Of course -- one way to eliminate the Sunday afternoon blues would be to
change the rules to allow you to work a competitor once on each band BUT let
the multiplier only counts once. This would allow "Joe Tribander" and "Joe
low band wire stringer" to have a lot more action --- day and night!

BUT when was the last time you saw a contest rule changed because of a
discussion on an email list? :-)

.. sylvan

Sylvan Katz, VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK